As the new year rolls around and we begin the spring term, we’re looking ahead to all of the exciting things in our school calendar.
So here’s 22 things to look forward to in 2022:
- Positively You workshop
- Kew Gardens trip– Pupils from multiple schools will be getting to take a trip to the beautiful Kew Gardens, where they’ll take a look inside the Victorian glasshouse filled with tropical trees and watch on with wonder at the carnivorous plants. Founded in 1759 Kew gardens and staffed by over 1000 people, Kew gardens is sure to be an amazing day out.
- Sporting fixtures
- Music Concerts– Our many musically gifted students put on regular performances throughout the year showcasing their talents at wonderful concerts and recitals.
- Paris Trip
- World Book Day– A favourite with students and teachers alike, there’s not many days where you can dress up as your favourite character from a book. So far we’ve Astronauts, Wizards, fairies, and lots of different animals, so we really can’t wait to see what this year brings!
- Acapella Competition
- Residential outdoor pursuits trips– Students enjoy a few days of adrenaline and excitement at Outdoor pursuits were they might face their fear of heights on a high rope walk or maybe tackle the rapids on a kayak. This trip is a great opportunity for making new friends and forming strong bonds with your classmates.
- Shakespeare Week
- Black History Month
- Ski Trip– There’s nothing like the feeling of whizzing down a mountaintop in the snow, and for some lucky pupils this will be exactly what they are doing on this year’s Ski trip. This trip has been a highly anticipated one as the last two years have had to be postponed due to Covid, so the excitement levels are high.
- D of E expeditions– Every year brave pupils take on the D of E challenge and really push themselves to the limit with amazing outcomes. The challenge of a D of E “help young people build life-long belief in themselves, supporting them to take on their own challenges, follow their passions, and discover talents they never knew they had. Because when you prove to yourself that you’re ready for anything, nothing can hold you back.”
- Summer BBQ
- Speech Day– A day where the whole school comes together to celebrate each other and the achievements made throughout the year. There are performances of singing and music and the pupils are awarded cups and certificates for their hard work.
- Sports Day
- Summer Ball– This years Summer Ball is going to be one to remember, We’ll be heading back to the roaring 20’s for a night of glamour and glitz. Be sure to get your tickets early to guarantee a spot.
- School Play
- Year 3 Camp
- Harvest Festival– Harvest festival is one of our favourite times of year, the first big production of the school year where everyone comes together to give thanks for what we have. There’s singing, dancing, poem readings and more.
- Charity fundraising
- Firework Night– After 2 years of having to cancel our annual Fireworks Spectacular, we’re really hoping this year we will be able to go ahead and put on a show!
- Christmas Festivities
It’s looking to be a great year and we can’t wait to see what 2022 brings for the Oak-Tree Group of schools.